The Malibu Collision Repair Center utilizes the most advanced techniques and practices for automotive repairs. We maintain these practices for the well-being of our technicians and staff, your vehicle, and our environment. Our shop features a clean air filtration system to remove humidity and contaminates from the entire building, as well as a frozen air system to remove humidity from paint sprayers and inductor flameless heat systems.
Our automotive repair facility is one of the cleanest and largest shops in and around Knoxville, TN. We take great pride in what we do, and that includes our facility, our equipment, and your vehicle. We also believe in being responsible for our facility’s waste. That’s why we have the most advanced recycling system of any body shop, the Becca Recycling System, which made us one of the first non-hazardous waste producing collision repair facilities in East Tennessee. With our recycling program, we recycling everything, including Styrofoam packaging. We are proud to provide both our workers and our customers with a clean, safe, and pleasant environment.
Choosing Malibu Collision Repair Center means your vehicle has been diagnosed and repaired with sophisticated electronic equipment, operated by technicians trained in the precise methods of collision repair. Our unique equipment, auto body repair services, and our partnership with Oak Ridge National Laboratory enables us to provide the most advanced automotive repairs in the region. Malibu Collision Repair Center offers the most modern auto body repair systems available, using equipment such as:
- Pro Spot i5 SMART Spot Welder. As the first collision repair center to acquire one in Tennessee, this welding machine is still the most modern system available for two-sided spot welding of ultra high strength steels
- Pro Spot MIG welder
- Robotic welder
- Real metal spraying system to fill in rust areas and shaved door handles (no more cracked door handles)
- Framing machine that supports both cars and full size trucks
- GARMAT paint booth
- Shark laser measuring system. Apex uses the award winning Shark ultrasound technology to improve measuring utilization, document damage modifications, and provide the most accurate and up-to-date vehicle specifications. Apex identifies and verifies the vehicle structure before and during the repair, as well as documents corrections after the repair.
Malibu Collision Repair Center only uses the highest quality paints and paint products on your automobiles. We stand behind several top brands and can verify the quality of the products.
Our unique partnership with Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) enables us to stay on the cutting edge of automotive technology and its newest materials. Through our use of ORNL’s Manufacturing Demonstration Facility (MDF), which includes 3D printing, we are able to repair vehicles using carbon fiber, composites, fiberglass, and aluminum. As one of the very few auto body shops who repair with these materials and equipment, Malibu Collision Repair Center offers world-class results. Learn more about our work with ORNL on the Shelby Cobra in this video.
We are proud to be certified by the following partners, as well as thousands of customers and local East Tennessee dealerships.
- I-Car Certified Technicians
- ASE Certified Technicians
- AMI Certified
- Fordstar Certified
- 3M Certified
- Fusor 001 Certified
- EZEst Trained
- Standox Certified
- AMA Certified
- BASF Paint Certified
- SCRS Certified
- PPG Refinishing Trained
- MACS Certified
- ROME Technologies Certified
- Chevy Certified
- Dale Carnegie Trained